Saturday, February 13, 2010

RSS Feeds

This week's lesson was on RSS feeds. I have seen those on many websites, but had never taken the time to find out what they were all about. I decided to use Google Reader since I have my blog site through them and you can see the blogs you are following along with the RSS feeds on the same page. I like the idea of having everything on one page, but not having my inbox get packed full of stuff. This way I can go look at the page on my time.
I decided that since my job involves both the library and computers I would try to find RSS feeds that will help me with my job. The 1st one I chose was from CNET. Since many people look to me to fix their computers and be up to date on the latest gadgets I thought their RSS feed would be a good way to start. It includes informational and fun tips everyday. The 2nd feed I found was called Techlearning which has all sorts of tech gadgets and ideas for teaching technology to children. I would like to stay more up to date on new literature for adults and children so my 3rd RSS was for the NYTimes book review feed.
Now that I have figured out what that little orange button means I may have dozens and dozens of feeds by the end of the month!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment