Tuesday, January 26, 2010

WEEK 3: Online Meetings

I have seen webinars advertised before, but have never taken the time to "go" to one. While perusing infopeople.org I found an interesting one titled "The Deweyless Library: An Innovative Approach" with Marshall Stone. I enjoyed listening to this webinar and liked the fact that they added a powerpoint and a resource list to go with it. Oh, the things you could do with a library. My library is very confined by space so I don't have a lot of room for displays, creative design, etc. I am always trying to make my students aware of the new books or featured books. They had some really great ideas with this approach that could be incorporated in small ways.
I think webinars are becoming a norm in many workplaces. They are great for staff development and help get information to lots of folks quickly. I do think it is hard at times to find the time to "attend" a webinar. Maybe there should be a built in monthly or quarterly time set aside for such things. Especially with budget cuts I think webinars will be the new meeting for state and national events.

No comments:

Post a Comment