Friday, April 9, 2010

Week 12 : Screencasting

So I decided to try to do a screencast with Jing. I downloaded Jing and got my computer all set up to record a video about changing a document into PDF. I tried to record numerous times and encountered many problems. 1st the delay before it actually started recording seemed really long, like 5-10 seconds after the mic on countdown finished. 2nd everytime I moved the mouse it caused a skip in the screen shot. So now I am going to try the Screencast-o-matic and see how it goes. So far this is the most frustrating week!!!
Update--after having so much trouble with Jing I have Screencast-o-matic to be very easy to use! The only trouble I had was the amount of time it took for the document to open while screencasting. On my 1st try I lost the record button and was disappointed to find I could not edit out the last part of my video so I had to make a 2nd video.
The final product came out a little dry but I got the point across. Check it out on You Tube. Not sure if I'll use this feature too often. Maybe it would be a good tool for the kids to use. I could see them getting into it and having a lot of fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment