Tuesday, April 27, 2010

23 Things I Learned from 23 Things Kansas!

1. Blogging is easy and can be about most anything!
2. I think blogging can be a great outlet for anyone.
3. I love facebook! It is a great way to reconnect with friends!
4. Online communities is a great way to connect with people who have similar interests as you.
5. You can find a webinar about most any topic!
6. A webinar is a great way to learn a new skill.
7. There are lots of places to upload your photos.
8. You can make your photos into almost anything from a coffee mug to a hardback book.
9. RSS feeds are a great way to keep up to date on your favorite websites.
10. I love checking my Google Reader to see what updates there are.
11. On delicious you can find other websites similar to ones you have already tagged.
12. Who knew there were so many websites about literacy skills!
13. Twitter is a great way to give a quick update.
14. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all the tweets!
15. Cloud computing affords a great opportunity to meet other librarians.
16. You can have as many collaborators as you need on a project!
17. IM'ing can be a great way to brighten someone's day.
18. Anyone can make a video for Youtube!
19. I have shared Screencast-o-matic with all my coworkers. It is the best!
20. Animoto is a great way to share a short video about family or friends.
21. I love the recommendations Library Thing offers when you put in the books you have read.
22. Wikis make it easy for anyone to edit a web based document.
23. I have so many username/passwords I need to keep a blog about it.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the passwords/username comment. It's a daily struggle for me; and then when I have to manage multiple work AND personal accounts for the same site...it's all downhill from there. So glad you got so much out of the program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. & I love the tracking of your journey you have chronicled. Glad you stayed the course and that you found some "Things" to like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of your hard work, Heather and Cindi! I really did enjoy this class!

    ReplyDelete